As a contributing member you receive:
- employer benefits that accrue well above mandatory 9% Superannuation Guarantee contributions
- automatic death and invalidity cover
- flexible retirement benefit options including a CPI-indexed pension for life.
Your total final benefit is not affected by investment performance (except for any fund transfers and co-contribution amounts received on your behalf).
PSS provides the security of a super benefit ‘defined’ in advance by a set formula:
Your final average salary X your accrued benefit multiple
- Your final average salary – average ‘super salary’ over last three years
- Your accrued benefit multiple – length of time you contribute (at each contribution rate) driven by your contribution rate of between 2% and 10%
Please also read your PSS Product Disclosure Statement.
Take action for your situation
Grow and manage your super
- Change your super contribution rate
- Transfer other super into PSS
- Consider your insurance options
- Switch to part-time employment
- Manage and view your super online
Plan your future
- Estimate your future entitlement – use i-Estimator
- Ask us for a written benefit estimate if 12 months or less to retirement
- Involuntary retirement – redundancy or retrenchment?
- Invalidity retirement? Understand your options if retired on invalidity grounds
- Consider expert financial advice for your situation
- Benefit applications – how to withdraw your benefit