PSS members can elect to transfer their benefit to another eligible superannuation scheme, provided the membership is a result of employment; see below for a list of eligible schemes. If you elect this option, your benefit will be a transfer value of your total PSS benefit less any Early Release Deduction Amount (ERDA) or any accumulated surcharge debt.
You can only do this if you have not taken a refund of your member component.
If you preserve your whole benefit when you leave PSS, and do not immediately join or transfer to another eligible scheme, you may do so a later time.
Eligible superannuation schemes
- AV Super (previously known as the CAA Staff Superannuation Fund)
- Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits Scheme (DFRDB)
- Northern Territory Government and Public Authorities Superannuation Scheme (closed to new members)
- Parliamentary Contributory Superannuation Scheme
- Queensland Electricity Supply Industry Superannuation Scheme
- Queensland Local Government Employees Superannuation Scheme
- Queensland Parliamentary Contributory Superannuation Scheme
- UniSuper Accumulation Plan 2